SEVCA Seeks Community Members to Serve on Board of Directors
Ensure that Everyone and All Communities Thrive
Southeastern Vermont Community Action (SEVCA) is actively seeking community members to work with our agency. Residents in Windsor or Windham Counties are asked to consider joining our Board of Directors: Invest your time & talent, and together we will work to ensure that folks in our communities have the resources needed to thrive.
Interested? Your life experiences can support our work:
- Have you experienced poverty?
- Are you a member of an under-represented or historically excluded group?
- Do you have insight about hardships facing folks and/ or have a job serving folks experiencing hardship?
- Do you have any of the following skills, legal, fundraising, governance, financial or multi-year budget planning, human resources, assessment & strategic planning, early childhood education, social work, diversity and inclusion, and/or other assets essential to a strong and resilient business?
- Are you an elected official who has a heart for effective & accountable social services?
- Are you committed to alleviating, and, ultimately, eliminating poverty in our communities?
Board service supports low and moderate-wealth community members, AND it can be an excellent way to gain professional development skills while meeting other community members who share your commitment to social justice. You will attend one board meeting per month & one or two committee meetings monthly or bi-monthly. Meetings are conducted primarily via Zoom. Together, our team cultivates an even more effective and accountable SEVCA.
As a member of the SEVCA board, you will participate in our work and together we will continue to implement solutions to the deep-seated problems of poverty, largely by empowering and collaborating with those whose lives are affected by it daily. More information about SEVCA is available at www.SEVCA.org. If you or someone you know is interested in learning more, please contact SEVCA at: email@example.com or call (800) 464-9951.
Since 1965, SEVCA has worked in Windsor and Windham Counties ‘to empower and partner with individuals and communities to alleviate the hardships of poverty, to provide opportunities to thrive, and to eliminate root causes of poverty.’ For information about all of SEVCA’s programs & services, and to get help navigating and accessing available resources, visit https://sevca.org/, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (800) 464-9951.
If I could give you one thought, it would be to lift someone up. Lift a stranger up--lift her up. I would ask you, mother and father, brother and sister, lovers, mother and daughter, father and son, lift someone. The very idea of lifting someone up will lift you, as well.
- Maya Angelou