Ensure that Everyone and All Communities Thrive
Southeastern Vermont Community Action (SEVCA) is actively seeking community members to work with our agency. Residents in Windsor or Windham Counties are asked to consider joining our Board of Directors: Invest your time & talent, and together we will work to ensure that folks in our communities have the resources needed to thrive.
Interested? Your life experiences can support our work:
- Have you experienced poverty?
- Are you a member of an under-represented or historically excluded group?
- Do you have insight about hardships facing folks and/ or have a job serving folks experiencing hardship?
- Do you any of the following skills, legal, fundraising, governance, financial or multi-year budget planning, human resources, assessment & strategic planning, early childhood education, social work, diversity and inclusion, and / or other assets essential to a strong and resilient business?
- Are you an elected official who has a heart for effective & accountable social services?
- Are you committed to alleviating, and, ultimately, to eliminating poverty in our communities?
Board service supports low and moderate wealth community members, AND it can be an excellent way to gain professional development skills while meeting other community members who share your commitment to social justice. You will attend one board meeting per month & one or two committee meetings monthly or bi-monthly. Meetings are conducted primarily via Zoom. Together, our team cultivates an even more effective and accountable SEVCA.