Head Start is a federally funded preschool program for children ages three to five years old. Children must turn three by September 1st in order to be eligible. Head Start is a comprehensive program offering services in child development, nutrition, health, and parent involvement to children and families. The program is free for families that are eligible. When completing an application, families will need to provide proof of the child’s age (birth certificate or immunization record from the physician’s office), immunization record (which must be up-to-date according to the child’s age) and verification of household income (pay stub, income tax return, unemployment, SSI or State funded benefits, TANF, Reach-up, etc).
We participate in Universal Pre-K: 10 FREE hours of preschool!
- 16-30hrs/week of preschool at NO COST to income eligible families
- Health and Nutrition for children; Hearing/Vision Screenings
- FREE Breakfast, Lunch, and Snack
- Family opportunities: Parent Groups, Policy Council, participate in your child’s education, Fun Parent Events!! Resources and Referrals for various family interest.
- Safe and loving environments
SEVCA Head Start 2019 2020 Annual Report is now available. Click HERE.
SEVCA Windsor County Head Start
97 Park St, Springfield, VT 05156