SEVCA has openings throughout our agency. Applications for these and other positions are being accepted.
More information and how to apply is listed below for the following positions:
- Communications and Development Assistant
- Weatherization Crew Tech
- Housing Case Manager/Housing Navigator
- Head Start Cook, White River Junction
- Sales Clerks (2) Good Buy Thrift Store in Hartford/White River
- Emergency Home Repair Coordinator
In order to utilize this job application, you must first download the application and save it to your computer with your unique file name. You will then open the application up from your own computer file, which has been uniquely named, and begin to enter and save information. You cannot complete this application solely online. Send the application which you have saved on your computer to the appropriate staff member listed in the job description below.
Click through on Job title for more information, if available.
Works directly under the Finance Director (FD) to oversee, assist other Finance staff with, and perform directly as needed, the full range of Finance Dep’t functions, including: Accounts payable & receivable, general ledger accounting, grant / contract management, human resources, payroll processing, cash receipts, financial reporting, etc. Assists in the administration of the financial / business functions of the department on a day-to-day basis. Serves as liaison between FD, other Finance Staff, Program Directors, and Executive Director, including: Keeping everyone informed of new grants and requirements, creating & monitoring budgets, directing and assisting in the development and ongoing adjustment of general ledger coding, overseeing grant reporting schedules to ensure accuracy and timely reporting, etc.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Business Management and 5 years’ related experience. In circumstances when someone with the minimum educational credentials can’t be found within the needed timeframe, a demonstrated track record in the field, an exceptional level of skills & knowledge, and an adequate number of completed and/or planned accounting / finance courses, may substitute for the required degree, at least for an appropriate interim period as needed.
- A strong background working in a non-profit finance office environment and with grant accounting / management preferred
- Excellent computer proficiency, especially extensive and advanced experience in the use of accounting and spreadsheet software, and solid word processing skills
- Supervisory, personnel management, or demonstrated finance / administration staff team leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability and skills to work effectively with non-finance Dep’t Managers and Program Directors / Coordinators to develop and manage budgets, produce and analyze reports, and generally establish and maintain positive, productive relationships between them and the Finance Office
- Human Resources experience or knowledge a plus
Full-time, salaried / exempt position.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Communications and Development Assistant
Assist the Director of Planning & Development with: ongoing communication needs, including drafting and disseminating content to communicate with donors, clients and other low-income households, community partners, and the general public, utilizing all applicable media and communications methods; and with development work, including support of funding campaigns and drafting content for fundraising appeals and other activities.
- High School diploma or equivalent and demonstrated proficiency and 3 years of relevant experience, including success in marketing / communications strategies and fundraising support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field or 5 years direct equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with or good working knowledge of media relations and digital media strategies
- Experience and demonstrated success with fundraising / development strategies and associated writing
- Proficiency in MS Office required; familiarity with design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign), donor and content management systems preferred
- Strong editing and researching, oral and written communication, and organizational skills, and attention to detail
Weatherization Crew Technician -Career Opportunity in the Growing “Green” Economy
Join SEVCA’s Weatherization Team for a career in Energy Conservation, installing energy-saving measures in homes of low-income residents. Full-time, 4-day week, $16/hour or more to start based on qualifications; excellent benefits; chance for advancement.
Requires building science knowledge, dependability, problem-solving skills, driver’s license & good driving record. Construction and insulating experience preferred. EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities and veterans encouraged to apply.
Housing Case Manager/Housing Navigator
Southeastern Vermont Community Action (SEVCA) is currently seeking a Housing Case Manager/ Housing Navigator in the White River Junction office. This individual will work directly with low-income clients experiencing difficulty in sustaining their housing, and families impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic; providing them with intensive and relationship-based case management; advocacy, information and referral; identifying local needs & resources; and mobilizing and coordinating resources & organizations to fulfill those needs. The work will also include establishing and maintaining positive liaisons with community resources and other agencies and working in collaboration with the Family Services team.
Requires High School diploma and experience in Human Services-related field. BA or BS in Human Services, Social Work or related major is desirable. Sensitivity to the challenges faced by, and experience working with, low-income families & individuals can substitute for degree. Requires some knowledge of community and its resources and ability to increase and organize that knowledge to better serve clients; strong communication, interpersonal & organizational skills; database & other computer knowledge; ability to travel and work independently and with a wide range of diverse individuals. Full and/or part-time position possible, depending on applicant’s availability and other factors.
Job will be done remotely until pandemic subsides and we are able to resume in-person work.
HEAD START, Windsor County
Head Start Cook, Windsor
Immediate opening for a Food Service Provider within SEVCA Windsor County Head Start. Seeking a motivated individual to prepare meals for a large group of preschoolers. Food Service Providers will be responsible for meal prep, serving meals that are high in nutrients on time, kitchen clean- up; dishes, emptying garbage daily, cleaning appliances, cleaning cupboards/drawers, etc. Food Service Providers are also responsible for shopping, putting groceries away and paperwork. Food Service Providers are responsible for being familiar with Head Start Performance Standards and guidelines of the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) and State of Vermont Early Childhood Program Licensing Regulations, and ensuring they are being met in the kitchen. Experience planning, preparing and serving meals to large groups, knowledge of CACFP guidelines are a distinct advantage. Please send cover letter, resume, and three letters of reference directly to the contact person listed below.
107 Park Street, Suite 1
Springfield, VT 05156
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Type: Full Time, 32.5 hours per week, benefited position
Positions Available: 1
Job Category: Food Service Provider-Preschool
Location: White River Junction/Windsor
- High School Diploma
- Education related to food services and CACFP.
- Valid driver’s license.
- SERVSafe certification
- Evidence of a physical exam within the past year.
- Experience with working with low-income families.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of families and children at all times.
- Positive attitude.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record/Fingerprints Check
Good Buy Thrift Stores
Seeking TWO (2) Part-time Sales Clerks for Good Buy location in Hartford/White River Junction
SEVCA's Good Buy Store has an immediate opening for a part-time sales clerk at their Springfield location at least 2 days a week including every other Saturday, with possible additional days. Retail experience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment required. Occasional travel to other store locations required. Applications available at: Springfield Good Buy Store, 23-25 Main St., Spfld. VT; Bellows Falls Good Buy Store, 45 Rockingham St., BF, VT; and at SEVCA's main office, 91
Buck Drive Westminster, VT or at www.sevca.org Applications due by
Home Repair Program Coordinator
Coordinate and, as needed and feasible, carry out, home repairs for low-income households to address health, safety, energy waste, accessibility, and other needs. Responsibilities include client intake & enrollment, spec writing, awarding bids / contracts, document preparation, contractor supervision, quality control, recordkeeping / reporting, and collaboration. Will also ideally include hands-on repair work for additional hours for someone with appropriate skills & experience.
Requires 5 yrs construction-related exp, including hands-on work, spec writing, cost estimating & contracting; knowledge of building codes / regulations; good communication, organizational, writing & computer skills; ability to relate to low-income clients and supervise contractors. Knowledge of local building trades / contractors a plus. Up to 40 hrs/week for combined coordinator & direct service work, 20-30 for just the coordinator role.